Sunday, January 31, 2010

The pew study we were assigned to read made me very aware of just how public the internet really is. Most people my age are online daily, whether it be to update their social networking sites or just to browse. Nonetheless, we all leave our mark or our “digital footprint” whether we’d like to or not. This study was written to inform and to warn us readers of the possible dangers that can come with sharing seemingly harmless information online. I don’t think it the importance of digital footprints can be stressed enough, because it is something that can affect us all either now or in the future. The thoughts we share and the photos we upload may be all in good fun but if we are posting anything that could possibly damage our reputation, it can probably be found. Now that it is almost time to apply for internships or possible jobs, I find myself a lot more weary of how I present myself online and what I decide to share with the world.

No comments: