Saturday, February 13, 2010

After reading this article and getting my own del.icio.us account, I am intrigued. The idea of social bookmarking never seemed appealing or very interesting to me, but it really is convenient! “bookmarking” your interests and getting a peak into others interests (who might share some with you) is a little enlightening I think. Typing in a tag opens a wide assortment of things that can help you explore your interests or find some new ones. At first it is a little overwhelming, but it’s easy to get over the initial shock of having so much relevant information brought directly to you.

1 comment:

Meghan Athnos said...

I agree- I was a little skeptical at first about del.icio.us and social bookmarking as a whole, but I too have found it to be very beneficial. It was hard figuring the site out but once I did I was able to get so much useful information! I also put some of my subscriptions into google reader so now I don't even really have to do anything, the information just comes to me.